Reports To: Lead Data Analyst
120Water is seeking a passionate Data Analyst. You will turn data into information, information into insight, and insight into a compliant Lead Service Line inventory (LSLI) by working within the Client Delivery Program Consulting team and collaborating with clients and the Client Success team. You will also execute data analysis for many clients through collaboration with the Program Consultants. Data analysis primarily takes place within R and QGIS, therefore, experience within these programs is integral to the success of a candidate. Data Analysts will report to the Lead Data Analyst.
- Work with a fellow Program Consultant (PC) and fulfill the role of data analyst for your shared client. Communicate effectively with the PC as you gradually incorporate the client’s data into the 120Water platform. You will also fulfill other data requests for PCs within your capacity.
- Record your work through code and a methodology support document. We are conducting a Lead Service Line Inventory for our clients so all your work must be recorded to provide adequate evidence to meet EPA standards.
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing customer billing, work order, and other reports and exports, PDFs, and 120Water software exports for locations and asset data.
- Transcribe or review transcriptions of historical data submitted by the client, analyze the data, and incorporate this data into the LSLI.
- Identify and interpret trends or patterns in client data sets that identify areas for lead service line replacement (LSLR) prioritization.
- Stay up-to-date on the EPA’s LSLI guidance and how this affects your ongoing data analysis.
- Create maps in QGIS to show the results of the preliminary inventory review, and to identify future areas for prioritization.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports on status of inventory development.
Successful Candidates Will Possess:
- Proven working experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst.
- Technical expertise in data management, database development, data modeling, and data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using data analysis packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS, R, etc).
- Two semesters of or work experience with ArcGIS or QGIS.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings and methodology.
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics or similar.
*Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At 120Water we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.