Lead Software Engineer
Reports to: Lead Software Engineer
Department: Product & Engineering
120Water is the fastest growing digital water company in the country. If you want to be on a winning team that provides transformative solutions to protect public health…you’ve come to the right place.
Our mission to rapidly build and sell our Digital Water Cloud’s software, kits, and services to government agencies, public water systems and facilities who need to transform how they manage their water programs.
A winning candidate will demonstrate 120Water core values including:
- Be complex problem solvers
- Respectfully push the boundaries
- Deliver value with quality, precision, and speed
- Be accountable all of the time
- Celebrate the journey together
We are looking for lead software engineers to help scale our platform. This role is focused on application development with a focus on front-end React single page applications. The lead role also includes establishing good coding patterns and practices and mentoring the more junior members of the team.
You will evangelize 120Water by fostering strong software delivery for not only our customers but also our internal stakeholders and partners through your ownership of our software development lifecycle.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage a pod of software engineers
- Lead engineering sprints and conduct code reviews
- Software development (React, Node.js, Java)
- New feature/solution development in our multi-tenant SaaS platform, including helping to scope and define approaches.
- Improve existing workflows to make for better user experiences
What You Bring:
- 5+ years of general web or platform development experience with web technologies
- 1+ years of React specific experience
- 3+ years of Node.js or Jave to build dependable and scalable services
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented design principles and methodologies
- Strong knowledge of distributed cloud computing and scaling platforms
- Strong understanding or Relational Database systems (MS SQL Server, Postgresql)
- Interest and ability to mentor other engineers
- You enjoy start-up/scale-up fast pace growth
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with AWS
Our tech stack:
- MS SQL Server
*Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At 120Water we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.