SVP of Customer Experience
Reports To: President
Department: Customer Experience
120Water is relentlessly focused on consistently delivering value to our customers through the products we sell and the experiences they have with our team. We are looking for an experienced customer leader to guide our Customer Delivery & Experience Teams. These teams not only represent the core of our business to fulfill our customer’s immediate commitments, but these functions are also growth centers for our organization with the north star metric of increasing net revenue retention.
120Water is the fastest-growing digital water platform in the country. Our Platform contains software applications, kits and services that water professionals across the country use to manage water quality programs that protect our public health. At 120Water, we are a team that champions diverse thought, a “get it done” attitude and loves solving complex problems in all areas of the business and for our customers. We truly enjoy the work we do and the customers we work with.
We are hiring an SVP of Customer Experience to lead all aspects of our Delivery, Success, Professional Services and Support functions across our Platform. As a member of the executive team, this role will contribute at the highest level of the organization with a simple charge: to own a constant, week-over-week effort to keep our customers at the forefront of everyone’s thinking.
The SVP of Customer Experience is an experienced Customer Success, Professional Services or Client Experience leader who will oversee our largest function and the teams that deliver value to our customers most directly: Customer Delivery, Success, and Support. Reporting to the President, the SVP of Customer Experience plays a key role in driving customer goals, product utilization, business transformation, and revenue expansion by ensuring the engagement, success, retention, and growth of 120Water’s customers.
The SVP of Customer Experience needs to be a bridge builder, collaborating across the organization and also externally, with partners and vendors, and constantly reminding our team that the company exists because of our customers. We are seeking an action mindset – a leader excited by the idea of rapid scale and equipped to thrive in a fast-moving, bold, transparent and value-driven company.
At the highest level, this leader will:
- Lead the end-to-end execution of the customer experience organization: implementation->success->support->renewal
- Define, develop and implement processes and drive their overall achievement
- Influence future lifetime value through higher product adoption/consumption, customer satisfaction and health scores
- Reduce churn and drive new business growth
- Develop a company-wide customer success motion through integrated process, content and data to and from stakeholder organizations (marketing, sales, product/engineering)
- Develop a world-class customer experience team and world-class customer outcomes
- Lead, expand and mentor the Customer Experience teams by setting a clear strategy and prioritizing action; hire, train and develop world-class team members
- Drive net revenue retention and customer lifetime value by defining and redefining the customer journey; deploying new programs to drive business value to customers, customer goal achievement, new features and use-cases; collaborating across teams to identify and pursue customer growth opportunities
- Create a company-wide customer feedback loop: represent the voice of the customer and influence internal stakeholders by promoting a customer-centric mindset across 120Water, within our partners and vendors, and throughout the industry
- Drive a company-wide definition of the ideal customer, their customer experience and outcomes that drive consistent value
- Architect the customer experience organization and our solutions to scale in support of our growth ambitions, including striking the right balance for the services and support offered to our customer segments
- Enhance our professional services organization to more effectively and efficiently support customers from onboarding and training to long-term, multi-stage digital transformations
- Measure the effectiveness of our customer experience; define and own operational metrics
- Partner closely with third parties (vendors, partners, and service providers) for services scale and customer outcome delivery as a part of our customer’s digital transformations
- Align with product and engineering teams to drive the platform and solution roadmap
- Partner closely with marketing and sales to engage leaders at prospective and existing customers in defining goals, using our platform and solutions and the outcomes sought; align to ensure primary and secondary sales are executed with retention top of mind
Markers of Success
- Deeply understand and embrace all aspects of 120Water’s Digital Water Platform that includes: software applications, consumables, services and a partner ecosystem
- Relentlessly build and drive a culture focused on consistency, responsiveness, quality, precision, collaboration, curiosity, and empathy – that leads and inspires our customers
- Own net revenue retention through reduced churn and driving new business growth with greater advocacy and reference ability
- Maintain a complete understanding of all COGS and consistently identify solutions to deliver more efficiently without sacrificing quality and value for our customers
- Drive all capacity planning and optimization
- Own and manage master service agreements and SLAs with all 120Water 3rd party delivery partners, including call centers, service firms and labs
- A deep-seated and true love for customers
- Demonstrated progressive experience in a Customer Success, Customer Experience or Professional Services leadership role. Sales experience will also be considered
- Experience building and managing teams in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- A deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Desire for continuous learning and improvement; an ability to move swiftly and innovate
- Technical and SaaS experience and an ability to speak to technical customers in their language
- A strong strategic vision for customer success, customer experience, and professional services
- The ability to architect services and support delivery models that align with customer segments, deliver customer value and scale with growth projections
- A strong customer advocate with the ability and willingness to engage directly with customers
- Ability to communicate simply and efficiently with individuals, teams, partners and industry level execs
- A track record of developing and mentoring great talent, and building and motivating high-achieving teams
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset, data-driven decision-making, and willingness to iterate and experiment
- Understanding the balance between internal services and external partners, and how to use both effectively to support customers and grow quickly
- Effective and productive collaborator to drive cross-functional initiatives; ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation and consensus building
- Empathy, humility and listening skills
- Ability to travel if needed and comply with the company’s travel policy
- 10+ years of experience in SaaS or tech-enabled services post-sales, customer success or experience, delivery or professional services
If you are light in tenure, or you view your background is relevant despite describing it differently (perhaps you come from a pre-sales heavy history, or from a product organization) we would love to hear from you as well to discuss how you can help us on our mission to consistently deliver value to our customers.
While building an amazing Platform and delivering world-class solutions is important, 120Water has an intense commitment to building a great culture and team. Here, you’ll find yourself in a place where speed, growth, impact and fun intersect.
As a key member of the executive team at 120Water, we look to each other constantly to iterate and improve on what we are building, and you will be a key stakeholder in this effort. We value diverse perspectives and hold our spirit of collaboration top of mind in our pursuit of the ideal team member.
We encourage people of all backgrounds, gender identities, ethnicities, ages or any other descriptors that make you uniquely you to apply with enthusiasm and confidence.
We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
To apply, email email@example.com with a resume and cover letter.
*Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At 120Water we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.